National Highways Sector Schemes (NHSS)
Get your UKAS accredited certification
Your Dedicated ISO Partner
The National Highways Sector Schemes (NHSS) are bespoke quality management systems based on the ISO 9001 standard and are for organisations working on the UK road network.
National Highways Sector Schemes (NHSS) are based on ISO 9001 with additional requirements for highways activities. Developed in conjunction with all parts of the highways industry and the United Kingdom Accredited Service, they were designed to provide an industry benchmark and to give assurance to clients that standards were being consistently applied.
Increase Employee Engagement
Increase Your Sales
Reduce Your Costs
Ensure Customer Retention
Our Dedicated Process
Applying For Certification For The First Time?
Research & Analysis
- We customise the standard in a way that works for your business.
- We assist you in putting your documented management system in place
- Then make sure it’s compliant with your chosen standard(s)
- We will carry out a document review first to check that you have a system
- Then we will carry out onsite assessments to check that you do what you say your system does
- We will provide you with an opportunity to resolve any findings via our detailed report
- Once these have been rectified, certificates are issued and registration to applicable schemes are completed
Trusted by Top Companies Across the UK
Having a reliable ISO consultant that you trust is essential in making the process as straightforward as possible.
Compliant FM customise the standard in a way that works for your business. We support both SMEs and Large Corporates. Compliant FM delivers National Highways Sector Schemes (NHSS) certification.
Don’t Just Take Our Word For It
“Compliant FM delivered carried out a superb job on our management system and helping achieving certification to UKAS ISO 9001 and the NHSS 16 highways sector scheme – thanks”
WHY INVEST NHSS
Make Your Own Opportunities
If your organisation provides services covered by NHSS to Highways England under the Specification for Highways Works (SHW), you must be certified under all the relevant schemes for the work you are carrying out.
The Schemes aim to make sure that work is carried out to the highest standards with properly trained staff. The Schemes place a strong emphasis on health and safety. If you use sub-contractors, they must be certified under the appropriate scheme.
Pricing Models For Every Need
Compliant FM understand that our clients are involved in running their companies on a day to day basis. The need to retain finance within the business is paramount.
Compliant FM can spread the costs of implementation across the 24-month life cycle of the certification from as little as £85 plus VAT per month.
We can establish the exact timeline and scope for all the standards with a comprehensive Gap Analysis from £199 plus VAT.
Check out our full range of certifications!
- Ongoing Support
Other Accreditions We Can Help With
- Internationally recognised environmental management system
- Manage your resources effectively
- Focus on waste reduction and improve resource efficiency
- The International Standard for Quality Management Systems
- Helps organisations ensure that they meet the needs of customers and other stakeholders
- Enhances productivity and improves the reputation of your business
ISO 45001 is the world’s international standard for occupational health and safety
Protects employees and visitors from work-related accidents and diseases