Global Recycling Day and Investing in ISO 14001
Established in 2018, Global Recycling Day was created to help recognise, and celebrate, the importance that recycling plays in preserving primary resources and securing the future of our planet.
This international awareness day is headed up by the Global Recycling Foundation, and this year will aim to “recognise recycling as an essential industry”.
As part of this year’s Global Recycling Day, the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy is encouraging small businesses to put “recycling at the heart of business”.
Here at Compliant we are looking at ways business and employees can get behind Global Recycling Day and support the environment.
How can eco-friendly living be promoted in your office?
We have compiled our top tips to help employees to be more environmentally conscious when they return to your offices:
- Think about using public transport for your commute. By using public transport, such as a train or bus, you are taking an additional car off the road, which will result in a reduction in CO2 emissions.
- Bring a packed lunch to work instead of buying a takeaway to reduce the amount of recyclable packaging being thrown away.
- Try to reduce your electrical usage in the office. Simply remembering to turn off the lights in a room after a meeting or turning your computer off rather than putting it on standby, will not only result in less electrical energy and CO2 emissions, but will also reduce annual energy bills.
- Go digital by virtually viewing any important documentation and try to cut out printing all together.
- Bring your own reusable coffee cups and water bottles. This will reduce water usage needed to wash up countless cups of tea and coffee whilst having your own reusable item will remove the need for any single use plastic bottles or cups.
- Take any packaging that cannot be recycled in the office home to recycle.
Every one of us can make these simple adjustments to support the environment!
Think about investing in ISO 14001
With employees set to return to offices and warehouses there’s never been a better time to think about investing in ISO 14001. ISO 14001 sets the standard for Environmental Management Systems and is the perfect certification for reducing your waste management costs.
Demonstrate your commitment to protecting the environment with the ISO Environmental certification.
Implementing this global standard will also help your organisation comply with increasingly stringent environmental laws and regulations, as well as building trust with customers and other stakeholders.
This standard is suitable for businesses of all sizes and can help enhance productivity and improve the reputation of your company.
Ready to get started
We deliver the cheapest UKAS route in the UK. Our inclusive pricing is tailored to your business requirements. Ensure environmental efficiency savings and implement a global Quality Management System that will set you apart.
Get in touch today on 0333 456 5000 to find out more!