Compliant gets behind ‘Recycle Week 2021’: Implementing ISO 14001 certification
It’s the 18th official ‘Recycle Week’ and the theme this year which is launched by resources charity WRAP is ‘Recycle Now’. This year’s campaign will focus on encouraging citizens to recycle more in the fight against climate change.
The week, which aims to raise awareness about sustainability, runs from Monday, September 20th until Sunday, September 26th.
We are encouraging individuals and businesses alike to become greener and get involved in this year’s ‘Recycle Week’.
The UK’s current recycling saves 18 million tonnes of C02 every year, which is the same as taking 12 million cars off the road.
Last year on ‘Global Recycling Day’ we shared an article on how eco-friendly living can be promoted in your office.
This year Compliant is asking businesses to show their commitment to the environment and build trust with customers and other stakeholders by investing in a UKAS accredited ISO 14001certification.
Today we look at what the journey to ISO 14001 looks like. ISO 14001 sets the standard for Environmental Management Systems and is becoming more and more popular and a favoured certification to implement alongside the management system standard for quality, ISO 9001.
So, what will Compliant help an organisation with when getting started with ISO 14001?
- Firstly, we will help you to understand where your environmental management system may need work in order to be certified through a FREE Gap Analysis
- Our BSI trained lead auditor will then review your business processes and guide you through what procedures need to be implemented and what frameworks you need in place
- Then we will effectively implement your environmental management system with the support of our audit, incident and compliance tools
You will need to know which parts of your business have environmental aspects, and what their impacts are. Examples of environmental aspects can include:
- use of resources such as energy or water
- use of recycled materials
- air emissions to air via smoke or fumes
- disposal of waste materials, including wastewater
- any potential for pollution, including risks of leaks, spills, etc.
Our full article on the ISO 14001 requirements can be found here!
Post audit we offer ongoing support packages to ensure that you stay compliant throughout the year.
The pressure on businesses to improve green credentials and encouragement to adopt more planet-friendly ways of working has prompted companies of all sizes to review their operational strategies. That’s where we come in!
Businesses across the nation are being urged to ‘Step It Up’ in the fight against climate change and invest in ISO 14001. To help protect our environment Compliant is offering an exclusive 10% reduction in UKAS accredited ISO implementation proposals across September to support ‘Recycle Week’.
Getting started with ISO 14001
Our inclusive pricing is tailored your business requirements. Implement a global environmental management system that will set you apart and take advantage of our 10% reduction in ISO implementation proposals this September.
Get in touch today on 0333 456 5000 to find out more!